Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter Overview
What We Like
What We Don't Like
Who would have thought that taking a shower can actually make your skin conditions worse, aggravate your dry skin, or even give you dandruff? Yes, it is possible, and it is because of the shower water. Our water supply is generally laden with chlorine and heavy metals like mercury, sulfide, arsenic, and lead, which we know can be harmful to our health.
The skin is the largest organ in the human body, and it can absorb elements that we come in contact with—like water! Chlorine in shower water can make underlying skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis to flare up. Plus, unfiltered shower water contains fungi, bacteria, and other impurities that can be absorbed by the skin.
Hard, chlorinated water also contributes to drying of hair and skin, as well as brittleness of the nails. Unfiltered water contains oxidizers and minerals that can leave a residue to the hair and make it dry and feeling unclean. That is why shower filters such as the one we are about to review have been manufactured.
Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter Review
While many people are still skeptical about the benefits of using a shower filter, numerous claims using shower filters not only eliminates chlorine and other harmful chemicals and elements, but they also make the water softer, and this brings in many benefits to the hair, skin, and nails.
The Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter is one of the best-selling shower filters that promise to provide such benefits. Let's look at its features, pros, and cons.
The Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter offers the following:
- Eliminates heavy metals: The Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter uses KDF 55 and activated carbon filter. The KDF-55 filters out lead, mercury, sulfide, arsenic, and other harmful elements, while activated carbon keeps out chlorine, herbicides, pesticides, and other impurities that usually seep in the water source.
- Reduces chlorine: Enjoy smoother, healthier skin that is less prone to dryness and flare-ups. Thanks to the ability of this filter to effectively reduce chlorine in water for up to 95%.
- Elegant chrome finish: Possessing a steampunk vibe, this shower filter has an oil-rubbed chrome exterior that makes the industrial-grade plastic material looking classy and expensive.
- Universal fit: Don’t worry about not having your shower head measured before buying, as the Aqua Elegante Shower Filter fits most standard shower heads.
- Made with high-quality materials: The ABS material used to manufacture this shower filter can withstand excessive water pressure. The set also comes with tight-sealing silicone rings to prevent leakage.
- High output: This water filter does not affect or weaken water pressure. As a matter of fact, this high output shower filter can even make the water pressure stronger; thus, saving up water in the long run.
- Up to 12,000-gallon capacity: Use this filter for up to six months or money back guaranteed.
- Easy to install: Quickly install the filter to your existing shower head with no tools needed.
The Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter uses a multi-stage filtration process through its KDF 55 and activated carbon filters. Hence, it eliminates heavy metals, removes chlorine, and minimizes buildup of lime, scale, and fungi.
It is designed to filter up to 12,000 gallons of water and to fit any shower heads. What is better is that it can be installed without any tools, but do note that you have to be careful with the screw-type attachment provided, as it is not durable enough.
That being said, this 3.5 x 3.5 x 5 inches filter only weighs around 12 ounces or 340 grams and is made of high-grade ABS plastic material. Lastly, if the product does not work as expected, the company has a money-back guarantee offer.
Comparison with Another Chlorine Shower Filter
Let us compare the Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter with the ClearlyC Shower Filter to see how it fares. While most shower filters like these two fit most sizes of pipes and shower heads, the Aqua Elegante is bigger with just a tiny bit.
The Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter measures 3.5 x 3.5 x 5 inches while the ClearlyC Shower Filter is 4.9 x 2.9 x 2.9 inches. It’s just a very little difference in size, but if the height of shower head matters to you, this must be considered. Both brands are easy to install, and you definitely don’t need any tools when installing them, but since these are screw-types, be careful not to break the thread.
Regarding water pressure, ClearlyC only maintains the existing water output, while the Aqua Elegante Shower Filter has high output and improves water pressure. Longevity-wise, the Aqua Elegante can filter up to 12,000 gallons of water or last up to six months, which is similar to the average use of ClearlyC. However, the latter offers a money back guarantee if the filter does not last for six months.
Design-wise, the Aqua Elegante Shower Filter looks elegant with its chrome finish. The ClearlyC Shower Filter looks like your typical bathroom fixtures. Nonetheless, both are made with high-grade plastic and silicone rings, as well as allow the use of Teflon tapes to prevent leaks.
Most of us get turned off with the lack of aesthetic appeal most shower filters offer, but the elegant chrome finish of Aqua Elegante High Output Shower Filter adds interest to any bathroom interior. Aesthetics-wise, this shower filter might just be what you needed.
The appearance may not be the first thing that you’ll look for in a shower filter, but the old, steampunk character of this shower filter can give your showerhead an eclectic touch, especially if it fits your overall home design. Don’t get overwhelmed with the looks, though.
The Aqua Elegante is a balance of looks and performance. It is also pretty straightforward and works as promised. It uses a two-stage filtration process that doesn’t disappoint. It filters out harmful chlorine and heavy metals that may cause skin and hair problems like eczema, allergies, dry hair, and dandruff.
The filter cartridge lasts surprisingly long, plus it is easy to install and use, so no worries with that. Therefore, in terms of quality, performance, and looks, the Aqua Elegante High Output Shower is worth a purchase. You can also consider the manufacturer’s outstanding customer service as a plus point.